Who can be charged with Domestic Violence?
The people involved are specified as well as the acts of Domestic Violence. It is considered an act of domestic violence is when the person accused has a specific relationship with the accuser. Types of relationships include:
- Marriage, former marriage;
- Opposite sex living together, or previously lived together;
- Individuals who have a child together;
- Current or former household member;
- Opposite sex in a dating relationship (girlfriend/boyfriend); or
Opposite sex with a former dating relationship (ex-boyfriend/ex-girlfriend).